Subscribe:

Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Pleasure Slave by Gena Showalter

My Review/Reaction to "The Pleasure Slave" by Gena Showalter



The Following Review has SPOILERS!Please, if you have not read the book, refrain from reading this review before hand. Rated: M for mature readers.

---

I'm told on a weekly basis it seems that I need to read books more adult friendly. What people don't realize is that I read Mrated (Adult friendly) fanfics on a daily basis. However, every once in a blue moon, I'll pick up a book that is more for adults and I'll read it and hopefully enjoy it.
That's what happened to me with "The Pleasure Slave" by Gena Showalter. A friend of mine--(HI BRITT!) asked me what book should she read and of course I recommended books from my YA bookshielf. In turn she told me a list of books and of course the title of this book caught my eyes.
Now, I'm not a huge fan of some published Adult books. Growing up reading Harliquin will do that to you. To me it's usually cheesey and more then likely it'll have to much sex in that it'll lack plot. But I decided to try this one. Because I do enjoy some adult books a lot. and to my suprise I can add 'The Pleasure Slave" to that list. With it's title, I'm more then suprised.
The Plot line is pretty perdicable. it's true. there's nothing really twisty or shocking. Girl finds box, girl opens box and a hot guy comes out to play.
Like I said, it's not shocking.
But yet there's a certian charm about this book that I had me turning the page. The characters of Julia and Tristian are interesting and quite deep, given the nature of the book. I felt for both of them really. Julia thinks she's nothing special and given her past love life, I can totally understand why she's a virgin and believe what she does. High school boys suck. On the other side of the pairing,  Tristian has literally been through hell, that you can't help but hope for a happy ever after for him. Even if I knew he will get one eventually, I still found myself wishing for it. And waiting for it? waiting for the ending is torturous. it makes you want to skip all the crap and read the last page. Which I didn't do. Because it's the journey of everything that makes the happy ending worth it. and it was. the moment Tristian admit his love was quite powerful and makes you think 'FINALLY!' because then that bitch what's her face can shut up! THANK GOD.
her punishment for everything was AMAZING.
This book in general may seem like a cheese fest but it was light and sweet. The pairing of Julia and Tristian even brought a smile to my face. hell, sometimes I even laughed. and it's the magical world Tristian comes from and the charms of the characters that made me give this book so many cookies.
So thanks Gena Showalter, You gave me some hope for the adult books. The only bad thing I can say about this novel was I wish Tristian had short hair. I'm picky about guys and long hair. I can't hack it. But to each their own I suppose. The book itself makes up for all the bad. It wasn't even that cheesey. Shocking!
so if you like books that have predicable endings but yet a really quick read? and don't want anything to heavy? look no more! This book's for you. It's the kind of book, I'd curl up with on saturday if I didn't have plans. with a bowl of ice cream. Hope you enjoy.

Happy Readings, Lovlies.


Tiff's Rating: FOUR cookies out of five.



0 comments:

Post a Comment